This privacy notice relates to HBB Bridging Loans Limited trading as Apex Bridging.
Website and Cookies
We use a third party provider, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns to help us understand things such as the number of visitors, the pages visited and how long is spent on each page. Although we may know the number of unique visitors, we do not retain their IP address and we do not attempt to use this information to attempt to identify visitors and do not allow Google Analytics to do so either.
We use a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to our website.
By phone – We use call number identification to recognise who is calling us and to have a short term record of calls received. We may record some calls for training and monitoring purposes. We will capture information that you give us for our records and in order to deal with your enquiry and process it in accordance with our processing basis as set out below.
By email – We encrypt some emails in order to protect customer data. If you send us an email that is not encrypted your personal data may be at risk. We will capture and process the information in the email for our legitimate interest and legal purposes.
By on-line enquiry and post – When we receive an enquiry via the enquiry form on our website or by email it will contain personal information in connection with the property(ies). We may use your details to contact you for our own marketing purposes. You may unsubscribe at any time.
Providing information to us
In providing information to us about other people you warrant that you have their permission to give us their data and that you have provided them with our privacy notice so that they are aware of the basis on which we will process their information. We store information provided to us in both electronic and paper based systems.
We may capture sensitive data about you with regards to your or a related persons health if you advise of an issue that we may need to take into account in dealing with your loan. We may retain this information where it would be in your best interests for us to do so or in order to protect us from a claim.
- Before we provide services, goods or financing to you, we undertake checks for the purposes of preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify your identity. These checks require us to process personal data about you.
- The personal data you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have received from third parties will be used to prevent fraud and money laundering and to verify your identity.
- Details of the personal information that will be processed, for example: name, address, date of birth, address, contact details, financial information, employment details.
- We and fraud prevention agencies may also enable law enforcement agencies to access and use your personal data to detect, investigate and prevent crime
- We process your personal data on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify identity, in order to protect our business and to comply with laws that apply to us. Such processing is also a contractual requirement of the services or financing you have requested.
- Fraud prevention agencies can hold your personal data for different periods of time, and if you are considered to pose a fraud or money laundering risk, your data can be held for up to six years.
- We use a fraud prevention agency to protect ourselves and our lenders, their contact details are:
www.nhunter.co.uk ; or
National Hunter, PO Box 2756, Stoke on Trent, ST6 9AQ.
Basis of processing data
We will hold and process your data for our legitimate interests in order to:
- Determine whether or not to offer a loan
- Manage any loan advanced through to redemption
- Manage any relationship with intermediaries including a record of introductions, payments made and other relevant information appropriate to managing the relationship
- Manage the relationship with funders or anyone applying to become a funder and to maintain appropriate records relevant to that relationship
- To manage business relationships with our professional advisers, contractors and third party providers
- Share information where necessary with our funders, our professional advisers, contractors and third party providers and anyone who may wish to acquire all or any part of our business
- Share information with other companies in the same group and associated companies
- Carry out checks with fraud prevention and credit agencies and tracing agencies if required
We will hold and process your data for legal purposes in order to:
- Meet our legal obligations
- Help identify you and meet our anti-money laundering obligations
- Supply information to any government body, regulatory authority, law enforcement agency as required and to credit and fraud prevention agencies
We will hold and process your data by consent for marketing purposes in order to keep you informed of:
- Our products and services
We may use a third party provider to issue this information to you but will not share your information with any other third party for marketing purposes.
Consequences of processing
- If we, or a fraud prevention agency, determine that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk, we may refuse to provide the services and financing you have requested, or to employ you, or we may stop providing existing services to you.
- (j) A record of any fraud or money laundering risk will be retained by the fraud prevention agencies, and may result in others refusing to provide services, financing or employment to you. If you have any questions about this, please contact us on the details above.
- Whenever fraud prevention agencies transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area, they impose contractual obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your personal data to the standard required in the European Economic Area. They may also require the recipient to subscribe to ‘international frameworks’ intended to enable secure data sharing.
Please note National Hunter rules currently do not allow for processing National Hunter data outside of the European Economic area
- Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data; request that your personal data is erased or corrected; request access to your personal data.
- For more information or to exercise your data protection rights please, please contact us using the contact details above.
- You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which regulates the processing of personal data.
We may capture images of vehicles and people entering our premises and shared facilities in the building for crime prevention and detection purposes.
We will retain information for our legitimate interests and legal purposes as follows:
- Loans advanced – up to 6 years after the loan has redeemed but may be longer where legal action has been taken or is pending
- Enquiries and applications for loans not advanced – up to 1 year from the date the enquiry or application is marked not proceeded with – may be longer where a fraudulent application is made. We may also need to keep any anti-money laundering information gathered for a period of up to 5 years
- Intermediaries – up to 6 years from the end of our relationship
- Funders – up to 6 years from the end of our relationship
- Professional advisers, contractors and third party advisers – up to 6 years from the end of our relationship
- CCTV – records are deleted after 14 days unless they are required for a longer period
We will retain your contact information for marketing purposes until such time as consent is withdrawn.
The credit agencies have their own basis on which they process your data and you can view their privacy notice here: http://www.experian.com/privacy/index.html
All information is retained within the EEA. If we were to export any of your data to a non EEA state we would take appropriate measures to protect the data.
You have the right as an individual to request details on the information we hold on you and to ask us to correct any information which may be inaccurate.
You are also able to exercise your right to be forgotten. This does not mean we will have to automatically delete all information held on you as we may still need to keep appropriate information in order to meet our legal obligations and for our legitimate interests.
There are other rights which, due to the basis on which we process data, you may not always be able to exercise. These include:
- To restrict processing of your data
- To provide your data in a portable format
- To object to the processing of your data
You might also wish to complain about the way in which we have processed your data.
To exercise your rights or to make a complaint please contact us at:
Or you can write to us at:
1 The Cornerstone
Or Call us on 01509 345007.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office. You can make a complaint to them via their website www.ico.org.uk or by calling them on 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may review our privacy notice from time to time.
Call Us Today to Discuss Your Loan Requirements
01509 345 007